Photopea is the best online photoshop editor and it costs nothing to use.
Table on Content
What is Photopea?
Have you ever wished you could have a photo editor like Adobe Photoshop? With no downloads, sign-ups, and subscription fees? Well then, Photopea is exactly what you have been looking for.
Most popular and powerful photo editing software comes with an expensive monthly subscription or a lifetime deal that is costly. Photopea is a one-of-a-kind photo-editing application that you can use in your web browser. Anyone who has used Adobe Photoshop before can get familiar with Photopea as it houses the same features and interfaces.
How much does Photopea cost?
Photopea costs $0 and you do not even need to sign up to Photopea to use it however, it does have a few ads on the side.
But one may be thinking if it is a web-based application and free then it has to come with some limitation for sure. But no, even though Photopea is free and open-source, it has enough power-packed features that you might even replace your Adobe Photoshop subscription.
Ads on Photpea do not interfere with the workflow and you can get a premium account for just $9 per month. Firstly, premium accounts help remove the ads, and secondly, it supports the creators of Photopea.
Is Photopea safe?
Although Photopea may resemble Photoshop with its interface and features, it is completely legal and free to use for all users.
Photopea is a wonderful piece of photo editing software and it the top online contender for Adobe Photoshop alternative. The looks and feels of Photopea are that of Adobe Photoshop is which a good thing as it is a possible replacement for photoshop. Let us discuss some pros and cons of Photopea.
- On the Browser: Photoshop is completely web-based and anyone with an internet connection and use it anywhere, anytime.
- Multiplatform: You do not need any setup process or hard disk space or a specific operating system to use Photopea. If you have a web browser, you have Photopea.
- Free: Photopea is completely free to use with no subscription fees and signups. The free version of Photopea is not restricted to any features as well.
- Familiar Interface and Features: Photopea being similar to Adobe Photoshop in interface and features work in its favor and users do not have to spend time on the learning curve.
- Not ad-free: You will be greeted with ads when using Photopea however, they have a premium plan to remove ads.
- A bit slow: When working with larger files, Photopea tends to get a little slow during operations.
- Issues with PSD files: Although it allows importing PSD files, it is not totally perfect. Sometimes layers go missing or are visualized in a different color.
- Limitations: Photopea may not be the more experienced users as most of its features are quite not on par with Adobe Photoshop or other counterparts.
We ran some tests on Photopea and decided with a rating of 4.2 out of 5. Photopea offers some “too good to be true” value to its users and completely for free with no restricted contents. However, for some experienced users, tiny ignorance in attention to details such as search features, shortcut management, etc. maybe a thumbs down. When compared with paid counterparts like Affinity Photo and Adobe Photoshop, it performed fairly and very well deserves a run at it.
You can read more of Scovered blogs through this link.